I’ve never been a big meat eater. Even though I married someone from Wisconsin (lots of meat & cheese, obviously) who also hunts regularly, even the smell of meat cooking sometimes makes me nauseous. I have been consuming non-dairy milk for years as real milk grosses me out. I love veggies and fruits, and I often opt for the vegetarian option.
This coupled with the fact that consuming meat/dairy/eggs fuels an inhumane and unethical industry that is tough on the environment brings me to the conclusion that it’s time to go vegan.
- Will need discipline to avoid my favorite: CHEESE
- Lack of access to artisan vegan items (ie cheeses, desserts, etc.) due to location, although local grocery stores do offer decent vegan options
- Married to a hunter/meat and cheese eater
- Lack of access to vegan items at social events/local restaurants
- Coming up with a variety of vegan menu ideas
I am excited to see how Veganism impacts my health and life!